Saturday, March 13, 2010

Hello Seattle!

Hello Everyone!


It occurred to me the other day when a friend of mine updated his blog (thanks Johnny), that maybe I should update mine as well. Plus, since my last posting (May of last year), a few things have changed... :) (Drew smiley face)

As all of you know, Joelle and I have moved from Minneapolis to Seattle, WA at the end of 2009. In fact, the first night in our new apartment was New Years Eve. So what did we do? Of course we stayed up until midnight, had a glass of champagne, and kissed as the countdown hit zero...actually, we're so cool, that we were in bed by 10:00... Moving is exhausting. I digress.

So as I was saying, Joelle and I moved to Seattle, WA; the Emerald City in the Evergreen State. We visited last summer for our second anniversary and fell in love with the area, and, after a lot of prayer and discussion we decide to give it a shot. On a trip out for an interview we found a great Church, and with Pike's Place Market downtown, Puget Sound, Lake Washington, and the Cascade Mountain range, it’s pretty much all you could ask for from a geographical standpoint. “But what about the weather, doesn’t it rain all the time?” Well, it's no Arizona or Florida in terms of sun, but did you know that Seattle gets less rain per year than New York, Atlanta, and Houston? And it isn't even in the top ten in terms of yearly rainfall. Albeit it can be cloudy, but I can't imagine that there is a more beautiful place to be on a nice day, and I'll take the views here over a few more days of sunny weather any day. I'm not going to lie; I have almost gotten into car accidents while admiring the scenery on the way to work. Plus, it almost never gets below freezing (in the city, the mountains are a different story).


Having experienced many a Minnesota winter, Seattle rain/clouds are nothing; and Joelle and I are taking advantage of it. We have either hiked or skied every weekend since we have been here, except one, and that was to go to Vancouver and check out the Olympics (we HAD to go, it's only about 2.5 hours from Seattle). There's good hiking within a half hour or so of our place, and great skiing within about an hour. Not to mention golf courses, but I'll wait until summer before I get into that (www.chambersbaygolf.com, www.newcastlegolf.com ...whoops).


But it’s not all fun and games. Joelle and I both have new jobs. Joelle is working in the ER at Seattle Children’s Hospital, and I work at The Cobalt Group, a digital marketing company servicing the automotive industry (basically we build websites and help auto manufactures and dealers with digital marketing strategies). Everything is going well with both so far!


Well, I’ve rambled on enough, but just wanted to make sure everyone was caught up. We miss everyone back home, but hope to have more visitors soon!


TTYL,


Dane

1 comment: